Vice President of Development/Redevelopment
Sr. VP of Development
- Responsible for reviewing the assigned assets and potential acquisitions to personally find creative development, redevelopment or remerchandising opportunities that will add value to the properties. This includes having the instinct and experience to identify/create the opportunity and understanding whether or not it can be financially viable within its market positioning and competitive landscape.
- Through contacts and relationships in the industry, source development and re-development opportunities.
- Work with Acquisitions Group on the negotiation of agreements with property owners for the acquisition of land for development or expansion. Negotiate with community, business, governmental authorities and public utilities to secure approvals. Track and adhere to requirements of land purchases and sale agreements.
- Manage the process of site planning and design. Lead the coordination of pre- development planning including site engineering, market research, traffic analysis, building design, site design, leasing and zoning, as well as provide input on and direct team coordination of the construction of all improvements. Arrange for review and approval of all phase I and II environmental reports for the project. Responsible for all due development diligence, investigatory work, scheduling and documentation of activities to ensure all predevelopment activities are properly completed prior to closing.
- Conduct the review of zoning, site plan and governmental financial assistance opportunities. Prepare or direct the preparation of all applications and all associated documents as required.
- Develop the development budget for assigned projects. Responsible for meeting budget. Responsible for monitoring progress and forecasting future results.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate pricing, coordination and timely construction of tenants with a development or redevelopment.
- Represent the company at public meetings and make presentations as required. Work with appropriate officials to obtain required governmental approvals.
- Present projects to Senior Management (including Investment Committee) for approval. Maintain ongoing communication with Senior Management as well as other departments. Provide periodic status reports to senior management/Board of Directors as needed.
- Assure the proper management of “contracted workers/vendors”.
- Comply with company policies, procedures and standards including continually improving processes, procedures and programs to maintain the company’s competitive position.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with Master’s Degree preferred
- 15+ years related experience.
- Ability to independently/personally creatively plan a retail project to maximize value and, where appropriate, create a sense of place.
- Documented track record in the ground-up development and expansion/redevelopment of retail-oriented projects both specialty/lifestyle and power/community centers.
- Preferred experience in the planning and development of mixed-use, urban in-fill, town center, open-air, residential and office projects where density is added
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate.
- Excellent proven organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to think and act in an innovative and creative way.
- Prior anchor leasing experience a plus.
- A Real Estate License is helpful but not required.