Manages construction activities of new developments and redevelopments, and the renovation/improvement for large retail/commercial users and assists in the coordination of the project from start to finish.
Some travel may be required.
Job Specific Duties:
- Develops and maintains relationships with national retail anchor’s construction personnel and national, regional and local contractors.
- Reviews existing site/building conditions, plans and criteria (provided/directed by leasing) to determine work scope of project for estimating and plan preparation. Identifies issues and conflicts.
- Responsible for reviewing (or having reviewed) source documents at the property level to determine any restrictions on construction/development/redevelopment and/or approvals needed.
- Works with Leasing on all LOIs and all draft leases to help negotiate construction related issues and determine impacts to pro forma, timing and penalties.
- Produces and monitors concept plans, site plans and construction plans to track modifications and determine impacts.
- Offers cost effective alternates and/or coordinates with contractor on projects for estimating and scheduling services and turnover from design and development through completion of project.
- Prepares original Construction Cost Requests (CCR’s) for projects and based on concept plans, prepares a hard cost construction budget.
- Submits the plans to permitting/review agencies, works through agency comments, obtaining permits and approval to start construction.
- Prepares bid and contract documents. Reviews bids and awards contractors.
- Monitors construction field activities, and keeps construction in budget and on schedule for completion.
- Processes payment applications. Coordinates activities with existing tenants and/or property management.
- Releases space to tenants meeting all lease and tenant requirements and criteria.
- Closes out the project by obtaining all lien waivers and warranties. Distributes appropriate paper work to team for future reference. Releases project to property management.
- Conducts “post Mortem” with the team to evaluate actual costs vs. budget.
- Assist Tenant Coordination in the technical aspects of construction related issues as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university.
- Six to ten years related experience (construction or retail construction).
- Formal training in design and construction disciplines or college degree in construction management, architecture, and civil engineering.
- Experience in building-out tenant spaces for national retail anchors. Knowledge of CAD and Microsoft Project or similar software.
- Functional understanding of Architectural and Civil Drawings and Speculations.
- Ability to read, understand and coordinate architectural and civil drawings and specifications.
- Experience establishing construction budgets.