Business Systems Analyst
Manager of Application Systems
- Provide administrative and technical support for all enterprise applications and end users;
- Write and maintain ad hoc SQL queries, stored procedures and views
- Develop and maintain reporting through SSRS and MRI software’s custom reporting tool
- Manage and monitor database environment to ensure system availability and reliability;
- Evaluate, and assume responsibility for, the performance, health, reliability, and security of our SQL databases to ensure best practices are in place
- Works closely with the Manager of Application Systems on application integrations between Enterprise Accounting System and various systems, including but not limited to, database customization;
- Ensure projects are planned to meet requirements and implemented on time, on budget and with minimal disruption to existing users/activities;
- Works with software vendors on maintenance, support, upgrades and implementations of system applications.
- Adhere and maintain SOX Audit Requirements as they relate to Financial Applications;
- Assist with system testing and upgrades to Financial Applications in accordance to audit requirements.
- Ensure requests and priorities are regularly reviewed, updated and completed timely;
- Document business requirements and specifications as they relate to application systems.
- Special projects as assigned by the Manager of Application Systems.
- Utilizing the Corporation’s Business Goals, works with supervision to identify annual individual goals and objectives.
- Complies with company policies, procedures and standards
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Information Technology required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three to five years creating, modifying, securing, maintaining, and upgrading Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Databases.
- Report Writing Experience required (Crystal Reports, Access, SSRS, MRI or equivalent)
- Experience in managing integrated systems including interaction with operational and business users, technical experts and vendor support/service organizations
- Technical documentation experience a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
- Analytical Reporting experience a plus
- Experience with SharePoint v2010 and later a plus
- Database management and Microsoft SQL Server v2008 and later experience required
- Knowledge of company accounting controls, processes and systems
- Ability to train and engage individuals effectively with varied levels of computer experience
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of basic Accounting principles a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment